FAQ: what alleles are known/proven of the SL ino gene?
Till now, five different alleles of the SL ino gene are proven. I will list them up for you:
- pale (10/15 % visual reduction the eumelanin – light-green – more reduction on the body than the wings, pink feet and some birds have red eyes the first days)
- pallid (50% visual reduction of the eumelanin – light-green, red eyes first days after birth, pink feet)
- platinum (75% visual reduction of the eumelanin – yellowish green)
- pearly (80/90 % visual reduction of the eumelanin – yellow with green shade)
- SL ino (100% visual reduction of the eumelanin – yellow, red eyes, pink feet)
Is it possible that new alleles appears? Yes.
Do you need a SL ino first before we can have a pallid or a pale? No, mutations appears ad random.